Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Apple Crisp

Filling:

4 cups sugar

1 cup cornstarch

3 tsp cinnamon 

1 tsp nutmeg

1tsp salt

10 cups water

Mix cornstarch and sugar, add remaining ingredients and cook until thick (come to a boil) then add 3 TBS Lemmon juice and stir together. Fill bottles with apples then filling, repeating until bottles are full. Water bath for 20 mins.

*When I made it for recipe club, I halved the recipe and it made 2  9X13 pans. I just cut up peeled, cored and sliced apples and put them in the pan then poured the filling on top. Then topped it with the apple crisp crumble and baked it @375 for 25-30 minutes. Serve with ice cream!

Apple Crisp Crumble:

1 cup oatmeal

3/4 cup flour

3/4 cup brown sugar

cut in 1/2 cup butter

Mix (I use my kitchen Aid) together and put on top of apples and filling, then bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment